Barrow BID’s Shop Barrow Day returns to Barrow town centre this Saturday. The day is inspired by the National Small Business Saturday campaign, (Saturday 4th December), which aims to attract people to shop using local small businesses. This article provides 11 reasons why you should shop local this Saturday and visit Barrow town centre for Shop Barrow Day.
- FREE Parking > Barrow BID have funded all of the town centre council car parks, so they will be FREE all day on Saturday 4th December.
- Christmas Market > The outside market area will be transformed into a Christmas Market with festive retailers, food and bars. The market will be on between 11am and 7pm and will include music, entertainment, food, drink and festive fun.
- Music & Entertainment > Ulverston Town Band will be performing traditional Christmas songs at the Christmas Market between 11am and 1pm and there will be further live music and street entertainment throughout the day.
- Heaters > The Christmas Market area will host some patio heaters, so you can stay warm whilst you feast on festive fayre.
- Yule Activities > Barra Culture’s Furness Yule activities will be continuing across the town centre with performances in the Market, Library and Forum. You may also get to see a Norse Goddess flying over the town centre streets.
- Elf the Movie > Enjoy a festive, family film at the Forum with the fancy dress screening of Elf (Will Ferrell). Show times are 11am and 2pm and film goers will be entertained by our very own naughty elves in the Forum Foyer.
- Fancy Dress Prizes > Thanks to Got it Covered in the Market Ginnel who will be giving away 50 naughty elf gift packs to the best dressed children at our Elf movie screenings.
- Naughty Elves > Our naughty elves will be entertaining shoppers and visitors to the Christmas Market throughout the day.
- Indoor Market Entertainment > It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Barrow’s indoor market with the arrival of the Barrow Mal Vice Choir who will be belting out festive hits in the morning. In the afternoon head over to the Barrow BID piano for a series of piano sets.
- Funfair Rides > Dalton Road will host some small children’s funfair rides, meaning you can keep the little ones happy as you enjoy a festive day in Barrow town centre.
- Meet Santa > The king of the elves himself will be in Barrow town centre inside his giant snow globe, come and say hello and make sure you are on his nice list.
Colin Garnett (BID Manager) said, “The past two years have been tough for businesses in Barrow town centre, but when we needed them during lockdown they stepped up and were there for us. Shop Barrow Day provides you with the opportunity to give something back to the small businesses and help them survive and thrive in Barrow town centre. This is our town, so support local on Shop Barrow Day and visit Barrow Town Centre!”
For more information visit: www.barrowbid.co.uk/shop-barrow-day
For more information about Barrow’s Christmas events and initiatives visit: www.barrowbid.co.uk/christmas