A MEETING is set to be held for anyone considering standing in the forthcoming local elections in the borough on May 4.
Elections will take place for Barrow Parish Council, Dalton with Newton Town Council, Lindal and Marton Parish Council and Askam and Ireleth Parish Council.
The meeting will be held in the Drawing Room at Barrow Town Hall at 10.00 am on Monday 6 March.
Anyone can attend to find out more about the process of standing for election to a town or parish council. Ballot Packs containing Nomination papers, guidance and spending costs will be available on the day.
Election Agents are not appointed for these elections.
Anyone wishing to attend, please notify the Elections Office at Barrow Town Hall in advance of the meeting either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01229 876318.
Those unable to attend the meeting in person but who would like to stand for election will need to follow these steps:
- Contact the elections team: In the first instance you should contact the Barrow Borough Council elections team to find out about the process of standing for election by emailing email@example.com or calling 01229 876318
- Ask for a nomination paper: Nomination papers may be obtained from the Returning Officer at the Electoral Services Office, Town Hall, Barrow-in-Furness who will, at the request of any elector for a ward, prepare a nomination paper for signature
- The Notice of Election will be published on Monday, 20 March: This is when the elections process officially begins. Once the Notice of Election is published, the window for nominations is open
- Submit your nomination paper before the deadline: Following the Notice of Election being published, nomination papers must be delivered on normal working days during office hours (10.00 am to 4.00 pm) to the Returning Officer at the Electoral Services Office, Town Hall, Barrow-in-Furness, before 4.00 pm on Tuesday 4 April, 2023
- Polling Day: If an election is contested – there are more people standing for a seat than seats available in any ward – the poll in respect of that election will take place on Thursday 4 May, 2023.