The 2022 Cumbria Sports Awards nomination window opens on Friday 30 September 2022
Organised by Active Cumbria, the awards recognise the outstanding talents, commitment and successes of teams and individuals throughout Cumbria who are involved in sport. The awards also highlight the dedication and commitment of the vast number of volunteers, coaches, and others behind the scenes who make sport happen across the county.
There are 11 award categories and winners will be announced across the week of 21 November on the Active Cumbria social media channels. A selection of winners will be announced live on BBC Radio Cumbria’s Breakfast show each day throughout the week.
Active Cumbria Senior Manager (Operations) Richard Johnston, said:
“We are thrilled to be holding the Cumbria Sports Awards and are extremely grateful to BBC Radio Cumbria for supporting us again this year.
The awards are a real celebration of everything that is great about sport and physical activity in Cumbria. We are looking forward to receiving huge numbers of high-quality nominations from across the county, we have so much talent, commitment and achievement going on in our clubs, schools, and our communities that I’m sure the standard of nominations will be at its usual high standard.”
Awards organisers Active Cumbria are asking Cumbrian clubs, governing bodies, sports fans, parents, coaches and teachers to submit their nominations.
In total, 11 categories recognise various levels of sporting success, in addition to the support services of volunteering, administration, and coaching.
It could be your child’s teacher who coaches after school and works tirelessly to train a team for the next sports championships. Or it could be a coach at your local sports club who has spent hours doing voluntary coaching, and you feel it is time they got the recognition they deserve.
Nominations can be made at www.activecumbria.org/cumbriasportsawards for the following categories:
- Active Education: High quality physical activity and sporting opportunities at school
- Coach: Delivering Exceptional Impact
- Community Club or Group: Quality Local Opportunities
- Disability Performance: Excelled Beyond Barriers
- Junior Team: Best Team Achievement
- Junior Personality: Exceptional Rising Star
- Performance: Best Individual Performance
- Service: Extra Dedicated Service
- Sports Personality: Finest Individual Achievement
- Team: Best Team Achievement
- Volunteer – Becky Underwood Award: Greatest Volunteering Contribution
Nomination window closes on Friday 21 October 2022.